Clay County Fair & Events Center receives international recognition
Spencer, Iowa — “The World’s Greatest County Fair” lived up to its billing by winning ten awards – including a coveted “Best of Division” Award – during the International Association of Fairs and Expositions (IAFE) 2022 Virtual Awards Show held last week.
The Fair’s first ever “Best of Division” Award, awarded for the best overall agricultural program in the division, was received for the inaugural FFA Day held on September 13 at the 2022 Fair. The 10 awards won by the Fair were also the most awards won in a single year.
“These awards are all due to the hard work of our Board of Directors, staff, sponsors and partners, and volunteers,” said Fair & Events Center CEO Jeremy Parsons. “It is an honor to receive this recognition from our peers in the fair industry.”
The IAFE awards program allows member fairs to enter competitions based on competitive exhibits, agriculture, sponsorship, non-fair events, and communications. After submission, entries are judged based upon predetermined criteria set forth by IAFE committees. Judges include industry professionals both within, and outside of, the IAFE membership. For the awards program, the member fairs are split into five divisions based on attendance. The Clay County Fair competes in Division 3, which is limited to fairs across the globe with an attendance of 250,000-500,000.
Awards won by the Fair & Events Center were as follows:
· Agriculture individual photo: Horticulture/Crops, Third Place (photo by Judy Hemphill)
· Agriculture individual photo: Equine, Third Place (photo by Judy Hemphill)
· Any other agricultural program/exhibit, First Place (FFA Day)
· Best Agriculture Entry of Division 3 – FFA Day (overall champion)
· Competitive Exhibit Single Photo, Third Place (photo by Judy Hemphill)
· Television Commercial, Third Place (:30 second TV commercial developed by Caliber Creative)
· Radio Commercial, First Place (:30 second radio spot developed by Caliber Creative)
· Single Sided, Flat Promotional Ad, Second Place (Okoboji magazine ad developed by Caliber Creative)
· Double-sided, Multi-page, or Folded Promotional Ad, Second Place (Fair brochure developed by Caliber Creative)
· Online Advertisements, Third Place (online ads developed by Caliber Creative)
About IAFE The International Association of Fairs and Expositions (IAFE), based in Springfield, Mo., is a voluntary, nonprofit corporation, serving state, provincial, regional, and county agricultural fairs, shows, exhibitions, and expositions. Its associate members include state and provincial associations of fairs, non-agricultural expositions and festivals, associations, corporations, and individuals engaged in providing products and services to its members, all of whom are interested in the improvement of fairs, shows, expositions, and allied fields. For more information, visit www.fairsandexpos.com.
About The Clay County Fair & Events Center Rooted in Tradition, the Clay County Fair & Events Center is a year-round facility that annually hosts more than 300 events, including its signature event, the Clay County Fair powered by SMU. Known as “The World’s Greatest County Fair” since 1917, the Fair attracts more than 325,000 guests each September for nine days of world-class entertainment, competition, food, fun, and the largest farm machinery show at any fair in the United States. Additional information can be found at claycountyfair.com.