Clay County Fair & Events Center receives international recognition
Spencer, Iowa — “The World’s Greatest County Fair” lived up to its billing by winning nine awards during the International Association of Fairs and Expositions (IAFE) 2021 Virtual Awards Show held last week.
“These awards are all due to the hard work of our Board of Directors, staff, sponsors and partners, and volunteers,” said Fair & Events Center CEO Jeremy Parsons. “It is an honor to receive this recognition from our peers in the fair industry.”
The IAFE awards program allows member fairs to enter competitions based on competitive exhibits, agriculture, sponsorship, non-fair events, and communications. After submission, entries are judged based upon predetermined criteria set forth by IAFE committees. Judges include industry professionals both within, and outside of, the IAFE membership. For the awards program, the member fairs are split into five divisions based on attendance. The Clay County Fair competes in Division 3, which is limited to fairs across the globe with an attendance of 250,000-500,000.
Awards won by the Fair & Events Center were as follows:
- Agriculture Individual Photo: Equine, Second Place (photo by Judy Hemphill)
- Agriculture Individual Photo: Rodeo, Second Place (photo by Jim Steffens)
- Video Promo, Third Place (:30 second TV commercial developed by Caliber Creative)
- Double-sided, Multi-page, or Folded Promotional Ad, First Place (Fair poster/brochure developed by Caliber Creative)
- Overall Best Marketing Campaign, Third Place (developed by Caliber Creative)
- Unique event created to utilize the facility during the pandemic, First Place (Spencer YMCA Ice Cream Spooktacular)
- Item to Promote Facility: Newsprint Ad, Second Place (created in-house)
- Item to Promote Facility: Single Brochure or Flyer, First Place (non-Fair event rental brochure created in-house)
- Printed Material Specific to Rental, First Place (wedding brochure created in-house)
About IAFE The International Association of Fairs and Expositions (IAFE), based in Springfield, Mo., is a voluntary, nonprofit corporation, serving state, provincial, regional, and county agricultural fairs, shows, exhibitions, and expositions. Its associate members include state and provincial associations of fairs, non-agricultural expositions and festivals, associations, corporations, and individuals engaged in providing products and services to its members, all of whom are interested in the improvement of fairs, shows, expositions, and allied fields. For more information, visit www.fairsandexpos.com, follow the IAFE on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat, or call 800.516.0313.
About The Clay County Fair & Events Center Rooted in Tradition, the Clay County Fair & Events Center is a year-round facility that annually hosts more than 300 events, including its signature event, the Clay County Fair powered by SMU. Known as “The World’s Greatest County Fair” since 1917, the Fair attracts more than 325,000 guests each September for nine-days of world-class entertainment, competition, food, fun, and the largest farm machinery show at any fair in the United States. Additional information can be found at claycountyfair.com.