Spencer, Iowa — For concert-goers who want to start their night earlier in the Sleep Number Grandstand or avoid the long lines before the show, the brand-new “Happy Hour” will give them that opportunity at the 2021 Clay County Fair powered by SMU, Sept. 11-19.
“We know that today’s concert-goers are always looking for a special VIP experience when they attend a concert,” said Fair Manager Jeremy Parsons. “So after researching various options, we decided the ‘Happy Hour’ was a perfect way to provide that VIP experience at this year’s Fair.”
The exclusive “Happy Hour” is a $25 upgrade, which can be purchased on top of any Grandstand ticket. The upgrade includes early admittance to the concert prior to the general public; a commemorative Fair gift; and two free beverage tickets (good for beer, water, or soda). A limited number are available each night.
The “Happy Hour” is offered prior to each of the six concerts that are part of the SRG Concert Series:
- Skillet with special guest Ledger will perform on September 11 at 7:30pm. One of the best-selling rock bands of the 21st century, the two-time GRAMMY® Award-nominated multiplatinum Wisconsin quartet, Skillet, ignites seismic anthems highlighted by chantable choruses, and intricate musicality.
- Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone with special guest Gary Lewis & The Playboys will perform on Sunday, September 12 at 7:30pm. Herman’s Hermits featuring Peter Noone has sold over 52 million recordings. Noone himself is a multi-talented entertainer, who has been delighting audiences nearly all his life with classic hits including “I’m Into Something Good,” “Mrs. Brown, you’ve Got A Lovely Daughter,” and more.
- Tracy Lawrence and Mark Chesnutt will perform Monday, September 13 at 7:30pm. Lawrence is one of country music’s truest traditionalists. His impressive catalog of timeless music has sold more than 13 million albums and charted 18 #1 hits. Chesnutt is a honky tonk legend who parlayed a solid grounding in class country into chart-topping stardom during the ‘90s.
- Josh Turner with special guest Dillon Carmichael will perform on Thursday, September 16 at 7:30pm. With his rich, deep voice and distinctive style, Josh Turner is one of country music’s most recognizable hit-makers. From his 2003 Platinum-selling debut Long Black Train to his 2017 Billboard No. 1 release, Deep South, Turner has scored multiple GRAMMY®, CMA and ACM Awards nominations and received six Inspirational Country Music Awards.
- Darci Lynne: My Lips Are Sealed (Except When They’re Not) with special guest Renata will perform Friday, September 17 at 7:30pm. Singer/ventriloquist Darci Lynne is the youngest contestant to ever win NBC’s “America’s Got Talent,” while capturing the hearts of America with her sweetheart disposition and undeniable talent.
- Ryan Hurd with special guest Big Time Grain Co. will perform on Saturday, September 18 at 7:30pm. Arista Nashville singer-songwriter Hurd has garnered more than 385 million career streams worldwide. With co-pen credits on some of country music’s biggest hits by Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan, Hurd continues his hit-producing path with “Chasing After You,” his first official duet with wife Maren Morris, which became country radio’s most-added song its impact week of March 22.
Tickets for all shows, including the “Happy Hour” upgrade are available now. Tickets are available online at www.midwestix.com, by phone at 515-244-2771, or in person at the Events Center Box Office. Handling & processing fees, which are applied to all purchase methods, are included in the advertised price.
About The Clay County Fair & Events Center Rooted in Tradition, the Clay County Fair & Events Center is a year-round facility that annually hosts more than 300 events, including its signature event, the Clay County Fair powered by SMU. Known as “The World’s Greatest County Fair” since 1917, the Fair attracts more than 325,000 guests each September for nine days of world-class entertainment, competition, food, fun, and the largest farm machinery show at any fair in the United States. Additional information can be found at claycountyfair.com.