The Clay County Fair campgrounds will open at noon on Labor Day, September 2, and is open 24 hours a day from 8 a.m., Tuesday, September 3 through Sunday, September 15. No reservations are taken; space is available on a first-come basis and is limited to the area’s capacity (generally, there is ample room).
- Fee with electrical hookup (30 amp only at this time) is $25 for 24 hours, or any portion thereof; without electricity is $17. There are approximately 350 spaces with electricity.
- All campgrounds occupants must check in and display campgrounds permit inside on their vehicle’s left windshield while it is in the campgrounds.
- Spaces are marked and are approximately 21 feet wide by 33 feet deep (a limited number of 44 foot deep spaces area available); all units must fit within the assigned space. If you need additional space, there will be a charge in accordance with number two, above. Two vehicles, etc., that do not fit assigned space may have to be parked in a non-electrical area removed from the first space.
- Non-camper (visitor) vehicles will not be allowed in the campgrounds.
- Clay County Fair personnel will assign spaces. Because of special needs (i.e. persons with disabilities, persons camping throughout the fair) some areas of the campgrounds are designated for specific uses.
- Awnings are not permitted to extend beyond assigned space.
- Open campfires are prohibited.
- Dumping garbage, gray water, sewage or any other refuse on the ground or in the fair’s port-a-pots is prohibited. (For pump out service, Koenig Portable Toilets personnel are available in the campgrounds or may be reached at 712-835-2018; there is a charge for the service.)
- Pets are permitted in designated campground areas. Pets must be on a leash or contained in living quarters, trailers, etc. Failure to comply shall result in expulsion from the fairgrounds.
- Unauthorized sale or advertising of any product in the campgrounds is not allowed.
- Persons engaging in loud and obnoxious behavior detrimental to other campground occupants will be asked to leave.
- Shower facilities are available on site. No charge for those who are registered campers. Showers available 7 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m – 9 p.m.
All information above is subject to change.
Please call 712-580-3000 with questions. Enjoy your stay on the campground and your visit to the Clay County Fair!
From September 2-15, please call 712-580-4741
Need a place to stay while visiting the Fair? Vintage Block Inn & Suites is the official hotel of the 2023 Clay County Fair. Click here to book your stay now!
For an up to date list of other area lodging options, please click below to visit the lodging page on the Explore Clay County website.