The Clay County Fair campgrounds will open at noon on Labor Day, September 2, and is open 24 hours a day from 8 a.m., Tuesday, September 3 through Sunday, September 15. No reservations are taken; space is available on a first-come basis and is limited to the area’s capacity (generally, there is ample room).
- Fee with electrical hookup (30 amp only at this time) is $20 for 24 hours, or any portion thereof; without electricity is $12. There are approximately 350 spaces with electricity.
- All campgrounds occupants must check in and display campgrounds permit inside on their vehicle’s left windshield while it is in the campgrounds.
- Spaces are marked and are approximately 21 feet wide by 33 feet deep (a limited number of 44 foot deep spaces area available); all units must fit within the assigned space. If you need additional space, there will be a charge in accordance with number two, above. Two vehicles, etc., that do not fit assigned space may have to be parked in a non-electrical area removed from the first space.
- Non-camper (visitor) vehicles will not be allowed in the campgrounds.
- Clay County Fair personnel will assign spaces. Because of special needs (i.e. persons with disabilities, persons camping throughout the fair) some areas of the campgrounds are designated for specific uses.
- Awnings are not permitted to extend beyond assigned space.
- Open campfires are prohibited.
- Dumping garbage, gray water, sewage or any other refuse on the ground or in the fair’s port-a-pots is prohibited. (Koenig Portable Toilets personnel are available in the campgrounds or may be reached at mobile phone number 712-229-2683 or 712-229-0653 for pump out service; there is a charge).
- Pets are permitted in designated campground areas. Pets must be on a leash or contained in living quarters, trailers, etc. Failure to comply shall result in expulsion from the fairgrounds.
- Unauthorized sale or advertising of any product in the campgrounds is not allowed.
- Persons engaging in loud and obnoxious behavior detrimental to other campground occupants will be asked to leave.
- Shower facilities are available on site. No charge for those who are registered campers. Showers available 7 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m – 9 p.m.
Enjoy your stay on the campground and your visit to the Clay County Fair!
(Questions, please call 712-580-3000)
(From September 3-16, please call 712-580-4741)