Clay County Fair Charitable Trust
The Clay County Fair Charitable Trust Scholarship program recognizes outstanding high school seniors who have actively participated in the Clay County Fair. Each year two (2) $500 scholarships will be awarded at the beginning of the recipient’s second semester of enrollment.
High school seniors who will graduate with the Class of 2018 are eligible if they meet the following criteria:
- Actively participate in the Clay County Fair (past or present);
- Plan to enroll in any accredited two-year or four-year college or university.
The selection committee will consider the following criteria for selection when reviewing the applications:
- Exhibits/Performances/Participation at the Clay County Fair (30 points)
- Essay explaining the impact the Clay County Fair has had on your life (25 points)
- Extracurricular and community activities; community service/volunteerism (25 points)
- Class rank and GPA (10 points)
- Letters of reference (10 points)
April 16, 2018 Application Deadline
May 1, 2018 Scholarship winners announced
June 14, 2018 Scholarship winners recognized at Fair Kick-off Party
January 2019 Checks mailed to recipient’s school