Family Fun Activities
Two of the main purposes of the Fair Association are 1) “we will bring the community together” and 2) “we will be innovative” – we have the opportunity to do both of those during this uncertain time. Each Friday, the Fair will be sharing some unique family activities on our social media as well as here. (Some of the activities you will even be able to enter in our competitive exhibit departments at the Fair!)
Activity 1: Join us for a Fair Scavenger Hunt
March 27 - April 10
Load everyone up and get out of the house (while still practicing social distancing) for a fun family activity.
1. Download and print the scavenger hunt form.
2. Visit the Fairgrounds to find each of the images featured below. (All images can be seen from Fairgrounds roads.)
3. On the lines below, write down the captions found with each image.
4. When the form is complete, mail or email it to: Clay County Fair, PO Box 527, Spencer, IA 51301 or firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Only one scavenger hunt form per family will be accepted. Forms must be mailed by April 10 to be eligible.
Activity 2: Color the Fair
March 27 - April 10
Add some coloring to your fun now, and see your work at the 2020 Clay County Fair.
2. When you've finished your coloring, mail to: Clay County Fair, PO Box 527, Spencer, IA 51301
3. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Entries must be mailed by April 10 to be eligible.
4. All entries will be judged this spring with results announced on the Fair's social media platforms. All entries will then be displayed at the 2020 Clay County Fair.
Activity 3: Design 2020 Fair Wear
April 3 - April 24
CALLING ALL ARTISTS: The Clay County Fair is working on apparel for 2020 and we want your help! Your design could be featured on this year’s Fair-wear!
1. Design must not be more than 3 colors and must use the words “Clay County Fair”.
2. Please create your design on the info sheet, and 8.5”x11” sheet of paper, or if digital, no larger than 12”x14”
3. Design can be on front and back.
4. Design must be submitted on or before April 24th. Email: email@example.com or mail: Clay County Fair, PO Box 527, Spencer, IA 51301
QUESTIONS: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
PRIZE PACK: Winning design will be given a t-shirt featuring their design as well as a Fair gift pack for the 2020 Fair.