Events Intern (late May – late August/early September)
SUMMARY: Assist with various tasks related to Fair & Events Center event planning and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in event planning through various departments (commercial exhibits, event services, competitive exhibits, and entertainment)
- Assist in customer service, welcoming visitors, directing phone calls, and delivering accurate information.
- Perform a variety of administrative, customer service, and event-related tasks as assigned.
- Work with staff to ensure the Fair’s goals, mission and vision are accomplished through teamwork.
- Perform and complete other various tasks as assigned by Fair staff.
- High school graduate currently working towards a degree in public relations, event management, business communications, or a related field.
- Computer skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to:
Jeremy Parsons, CEO/Manager
Clay County Fair & Events Center
PO Box 527
Spencer, IA 51301
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org